Friday, May 16, 2008

Chimichungas

OK, I know you are thinking that chimi's should NOT be on a healthy recipe blog... but wait... baked not fried. EASY~~~ and, totally delish. This is quickly becoming a summer must have. I have to give Dionne the credit for this dish as she gave me the recipe years ago and we have loved it... thanks!!! 8.5 on the Sean scale. :)

PREP:
Lightly butter the underside of wheat tortillas

Fill tortilla with shredded chicken,
top with salsa and a thin layer of sharp cheddar or
Colby jack cheese. Do not use mozzarella.

(I always cook my chicken and shred it and stir up the
salsa in it to make it moist and easier to just spoon into tortilla)


Roll up with butter on outside and place in cassarolle dish.

Cook on 400 for 15 minutes.

During the last five add a sprinkle of cheese to melt.

Take out and serve with black beans, fat free Sour Cream, fresh guacamole, olives, shredded lettuce and tomatoes… YUM!

No comments: