Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SLAW

SLAW (making this for enrichment tonight reminded me how good it is...)

This recipe was given to me by the owner of the blue moose café in Boise. I was pregnant and had been in three times that week for it, sighing that I wished she could make it in Provo for me. She promptly gave me the recipe. It is always served with a thick slice of fresh toasted and buttered garlic bread. WHOA YUM.


½ head of green cabbage
½ head of red cabbage
craisins
sunflower seeds (toasted lightly)
sliced almonds (toasted lightly)
feta cheese crumbled
4 chopped cooked chicken breasts
1 bottle of poppyseed dressing (use to taste.. less is sometimes more)


Toss all ingredients together just before serving. Does not keep for very long because cabbage loses its crunch. To simplify I toast the seeds and almonds together in dry pan on stove top and buy the bags of cabbage already shredded. (although you lose out on the pretty purple color).

2 comments:

Kimi Remington said...

Um, hilarious. I made this for enrichment too this week! We must be related... It is the best.
If you're really exotic you can add broccoli.
Also, I recommend Briann's Poppyseed dressing-- it is way yummy.

Jana said...

didn't you forget the green onions?